About Stagner INC

Stagner, inc., founded in 1962 by James Stagner, was originally a tire re-treading business, which has evolved over the past 50 years into a successful, family-owned and operated automotive sales and service business. With locations throughout Southeastern Colorado, the Stagner family offers customers a wide selection of quality used vehicles at prices that keep our customers coming back.Stagner, inc. has expanded throughout Southern Colorado, and currently provides vehicles in Lamar and LaJunta.


FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED

Proudly family-owned and operated, Stagner inc. has had three generations build the business that James founded over 50 years ago. From his two sons, Roger & Glen, who manage the business to countless grandchildren who have worked there, James has created a business that is not only part of the Southeastern Colorado community, but a cornerstone of the Stagner family.

James Stagner
Roger Stagner
Glen Stagner

HISTORY

The original home of Stagner, inc. is an unusual building. The Ripley?s Believe It or Not Petrified Wood Service Station, located on North Main, in Lamar, Colorado was constructed in 1932. This all-wood building with scarcely a piece of wood in it; an all-wood building approved within the fire zone of a modern city because it cannot burn.The building was built by W. G. Brown, a local lumber dealer, who dreamed for years of some method to bring the interesting phenomena of Southeast Colorado to the attention of the stream of tourists, hurrying to see more highly advertised regions. The building is constructed of local petrified trees; the doorways and entryways are flanked by great trees nearly four feet in diameter, the largest single piece weighing 3200 pounds.The floors are also built of bits of wood, the oldest hardwood floor in the world. In 1962, the Petrified Service Station became the home of Stagner, inc. With the passing of time, the Petrified Wood building became too small to accommodate its new residents. In 1974, construction of the new building was completed.